Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 26, 2019, 02:28:55 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garage  (Read 116 times)
marksy

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2019, 02:14:55 AM »

Screeching in a chorus of dissonant pitches like an intimate group of velociraptors, the spring loaded garage door opens jolting and jarring like an old car with a clapped out engine struggling up a highly pitched road. Shockwaves of vibrations are sent through my hand and up into my arm as I hold on to the rough, rusty, and deteriorating handle like Iím grasping a microcosmic tectonic plate shifting beneath another. A thin veil of dust rises from the grey concrete floor bringing with it a nostalgic smell of other-worldly wooden and metallic objects that have been stowed in heat, like a sauna. The taste of macadamia nuts from the tree outside seems to appear, residing somehow in the memory of my palette and taste buds. A shaft of light incising the length of the garage slowly moves around the room like a clock handle. I duck my head and scrunch my shoulders as I walk in, making sure I donít feel the clank of the door on my head. Excited and overwhelmed by theÖ
HndWrtn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 02:18:57 PM »

This is really good. I find I'm writing a stories more than really sticking with sense bout approach. You definitely stick with the sense bound approach. I typically read some examples before writing the word of the day. Thanks.
marksy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 11:36:59 PM »

Thank you! It can be easy to go for a story first, but I think if you try moving to your senses first before narrative, that will help. You could try letting the senses guide and tell your story, paint the picture. Thank you for the feedback! Smiley
Sam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: