Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

May 26, 2019, 05:25:32 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaker 2  (Read 32 times)
Fletcher

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2019, 03:25:51 PM »

hands coiled around the prepared notes now physically misshapen and somewhat illegible.  The sweat begin to move now a trickle at the neck and two more across the lower back.  The breath is still steady but the rumbling in my gut begins to feel less like butterflies and more like stealth bombers.  There is a haziness to my inner vision that sudden jolt of "what am I doing here" begins to beat on me like a prison guard in full riot gear.  The water comes as a pleasant reprieve, so thirsty, dry, arid, paste like film forming wax in my teeth and gums.  The time is hurtling out of its own present and the moment to take the stage is near. The shiver started in my pinky of all places, an uncontrollable, involuntary muscle twitch.  Wait! is someone smoking?  The fear subsided long enough to pay attention to that charcoaled air, the signs were posted, the municipal counsels have all agreed, yet one rebel soul stands alone and from the corner of my eye I spied that cherry red ember, some close relative of the current speaker fiery and half spent.
Eloisenm

Singer and songwriter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 10:40:04 AM »

I really loved the change of tune "wait is someone smoking?!" - when I'm nervous before I go on stage I'm often easily distracted and it would very much be like this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: