Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 22, 2019, 03:57:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boom Box  (Read 18 times)
plamb

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2019, 07:48:43 PM »

Speaker cones beating like a heart from the rock steady ts-808 beat. The air moving in waves spreading outward and pulling me in to it's infectious riptide of sound. I lay back, stare up at the sky, bleached in sunlight and feel myself being pulled by some force of nature much larger than myself. Cradled by sound and attitude, every nerve in my body electric. Military green khakis and converse skate shoes, laces lazily done up. A perfect lazy summer Sunday. Dripping beads of sweat rolling down my arms, yeah my skin is on too tight in this July heat. Long hair neatly tucked behind my ears and held in place by my hoodie. The world flashes by, zooming from the corners of my eyes. Maybe time is zooming by aswell. I feel the pressure of another season gone by collecting like a mass of clouds on the horizon. I notice it but choose to ignore it. Head the other way. If there is anything else I'm forgetting, it's blown to smitheers when the sound of Smells Like Teen spirit explodes out of the boom box.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: