Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 22, 2019, 01:56:10 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pearl  (Read 28 times)
plamb

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2019, 08:50:35 PM »

The wind's stallion raced through the channel churning up white caps on the normally placid bay. I struggled to keep my straw hat on while begrudging the accompanying itch that was blooming on my forehead. Cotton skirt whipping like an unruly flag and lapping at my calves. A sense of adventure spilling out of the corners of my soul like champagne bubbles. Feet sinking into the hungry sand with every step I take. Closer to the mouth of the ocean where any number of slimy beasts and watery nightmares could swallow me whole in an instant. I stare into the gaping face of my nightmares with tenacity. Sound of wind whistling in my ears and then the sound of silence rushing in to take its place. The two locked in a tidal struggle. Wind, silence, wind, silence. Waves washing upon my imagination as I leap frog between mines in the sand avoiding giant snapping turtles and angry red lobsters. I see a single beam of light glinting in front of me. Bending down to take a closer look. The pearl explodes in a universe of changing, iridescent colours. Ringing like a celestial star it wakes something inside off me.
marksy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 09:30:00 PM »

Really great mate.

There's plenty to learn from this - metaphor, verbs, adjectives. Get around it people!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: