Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 17, 2019, 08:33:59 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjectives and Nouns  (Read 10155 times)
ZZ

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2009, 10:59:42 PM »

adjectives               nouns
smoky                                    conversation
refried                                    railroad
decaffeinated                         rainbow
hollow                                    rain forest
understated                           eyebrows

Write a sentence of short paragraph for these (p. 15 Pattison, P.; Writing Better Lyrics)

The smoky conversation wafted through the air, it's tendrils unfurling and dissapating into nothingness
The heat made the tracks buckle and swell, the smell of smeltering metal reminiscent of refried railroad
All the energy had seeped from the day, leaving her with as much sparkle as a decaffeinated rainbow
The city was teeming with life, pulsating with all the creatures that congregate in a decomposing hollow in a rainforest
She looked over the top of her glasses, trying to appear equanimous with her understated eyebrows
The afternoon humidity rose to steam in the rainforest, making all of the plants look like they were peering through a smoky room
He seemed to say the same words in the same order with the same gripes and groans. She sighed; nothing but another refried conversation.
The dental technician smiled her blindingly perfect smile, squeked her white shoes efficiently on the linoleum as she rounded the chair, and proceeded to engage in decaffeinated conversation.
His eyebrows rose on his forehead like a hovering rainforest
She felt as secure on the ice skates as she would on a hollow glass railroad.

Now you try!
jbrad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 05:34:31 AM »

smoky                                    conversation
refried                                    railroad
decaffeinated                         rainbow
hollow                                    rain forest
understated                           eyebrows

She was being dishonest with me and her decaffeinated conversation sounded like a distant train whistle in a hollow railroad yard.
I watched as our refried relationship began to fade like a smoky rainbow in an understated rain forest.
Descartes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 07:14:28 PM »

The first time I had a decaffeinated conversation was months after at the Rain forest Café. My words remained understated and her ability to empathize still seemed hollow in my eyes. The smoky attitude she emanated lost its guise to a cringe in her eyebrows when the refried conversation of ‘us’ took its usual path… We started as kids looking for a rainbow on the railroad, but we’ve grown since then; and all we ever found was pebbles between us.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: