News: TO POST YOUR WORK CLICK THE 'OBJECT WRITING' TAB AND SELECT 'NEW TOPIC'
or 'REPLY'" AND ADD YOUR WRITING TO AN EXISTING TOPIC.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 sentences not further...  (Read 4717 times)
Gollun

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 07:16:58 AM »

Buy also Songwriting Without Boundaries ( http://www.amazon.com/Songwriting-Without-Boundaries-Writing-Exercises-ebook/dp/B006N559O8/ref=la_B001KMFZ02_1_2_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421417562&sr=1-2 )
and try challenges #2 and #3 if you want to learn more about metaphors. (could give you some insight as to how to use the jellybeans in your song)
benjamin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 08:46:28 AM »

I will
thx
benjamin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 08:58:11 AM »

In which order should I read the books?
Gollun

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 07:36:50 AM »

I think you could read the Screenwriter's bible just until you think you learned how to develop content for your story, characters and "scenes"(song sections, actually), getting over the writer's block that made you stuck after 2 sentences.
Then you can go for Songwriting Without Boundaries challenges #2 and #3. And then... since we're not addressing the particular problem you brought in this topic anymore, I think there is no optimal reading order to continue reading those books.

If you think your blocking issue has emotional nature instead of technical nature (don't know... perfeccionism? fear of failure? too much self criticism? not being able to shut your inner critic down while writing?), you might wanna take a look on a book about creativity, like: http://www.amazon.com/Double-Your-Creativity-Hours-fun-loving-ebook/dp/B00LYIWX66/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421591358&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=David+Trottier+creativity
TeelaNa

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 08:40:52 AM »

To build on the story line idea, you've already set yourself up for a conflict. In the story/song you (someone) is receiving a jellybean for not being mean...what was the story/conflict in which there was an urge to be mean?

Just a thought, hope it helps. If not, hope you figure it out.
Good luck!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: