Author Topic: creek  (Read 138 times)

venice

• View Profile
creek
« on: February 08, 2020, 12:15:36 PM »
it is a nice sunny day and me and my family are on our way to the beach, we havent been to this one before as it is far, we are going by car and my dad is driving, we are going in a small fiat 500 and its only me, my brother and our parents. so we get going, roll my window down and enjoy the breeze slapping my face, and cars driving past punching the air making a pss sound as it they go on, i have my headphones on trying to relax as it is a long journey till we come across a small creek, we had to drive across this small but very muddy and wet surface with this tiny car, my dad however decides to keep going, wheel by wheel, they are now drowning in this greek, however my dad still had some control, he grasps onto the steering wheel with both hands and is very woke and sensitive to the cars feelings. continuing the greek at walking pace i look at my dad and smell the fear in him, now im nervous, my belly grew butterflies all of the sudden. but few rocks away and tide of water all behind us, we are back on track!.

IVARSBAND

• View Profile
Re: cree
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 03:29:29 PM »
Newtown creek, its not wHat i normally think of.  It begins east out in queens, curls south and shoots underneath the polaski bridge, eventually emptying its payload into the east river.  Itís a Treacherous path to wander should you follow case the shore of Newtown creek.  You can smell the run off from the waste treatment plant, in the summer that smell melds with the thick air, imagine a viscous cloud, a miasma of shit settling between Greenpoint and Bushwick.  Iíll sometimes ride my bike to where the creek separates brooklyn and queens.  Various ships pass through the channel, carrying payloads of garbage being sent off to foreign lands.  Tiny sailboats docked on aluminum platforms seem out of place and unowned.  Ghosts in the night occupy those boats and dance with the lights generated by chemical fumes lifting from the creeks water.  I have yet to put my hands in the creek but i imagine the salt content is high.  I once kayaked in the Hudson off of Manhattan and my shirt was covered in white lines as if Iíd left my shirt out after a long jog and the evaporated sweat left an outline of my success. 

danielbhamala

• Guitarist/Vocalist
    • View Profile
    • Graves BíHamala
Re: creek
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 05:49:49 PM »
Down at the bottom of the leaf littered slope, ran a shallow, icy creek. It separated our aging hodgepodge cottage houses from the swiftly erected suburban taj mahals. The monstrosities peaked through the barewinter forest. Sitting on the shandy bank at a bend in the creek, I could hear the sounds of caterpillars, hammers, and saws shattering the fragile winter air, eating noisily away, drowning out the once tranquil sounds of the chattering creek as it rolled slow and steady over smoothed oval stones and heavy silt sand. The smell of saw dust and new homes overpowering the smell of frosty damp earth and dead leaves. The forest was being eaten away in greed.

venice

• View Profile
Re: creek
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 11:03:15 AM »
guys if you want to know how to post on the main page, just go where you are reading all these object writing, and on the top right it should say "new topic" click on that, and you should be there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk