News: TO POST YOUR WORK CLICK THE 'OBJECT WRITING' TAB AND SELECT 'NEW TOPIC'
or 'REPLY'" AND ADD YOUR WRITING TO AN EXISTING TOPIC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change  (Read 140 times)
HeartAttack&Vine

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:51:01 PM »

Digits click, feet drum on the down beat as he sways in my train seat. Unaware his backpack presses hard against my side.  squashing hip, stomach, left breast. ugh. 12 stops. counting backwards  between musty oversoaked mens clothes, cheap perfume, Wriggleys, giggling schoolgirls, whingeing toddlers and distorted earphones. 10. we shake and shuffle as one East-bound. almost one crazy family at Christmas dinner. 8. breathe deep, shuffle up. hot coffee, denim,  click-clack briefcase lids, fresh shampoo. Ah but my mind melts to a mess of crashing cymbals as we rattle past St. Andrews street. I scan each driveway for his raven Ford. frozen breath. wide-eyed. standing guard against tears that defeat me. I zero in on the dime shuffle coming from my neighbours palm. Dollars and dimes jangle a tune that sing me back from hell. It hits me then, how I am the loose change from loves lost years. just loose like skin with no bone, adrift, finding warmth in the palm of a strangers rhythm barrelling to the city's edge. chink-skish-m-jangle-sksh-sksh-badoosh-chink.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:54:32 PM by HeartAttack&Vine » Logged
Paul
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 12:48:11 AM »

like the " I am the loose change from loves lost years." metaphor

Vis
HeartAttack&Vine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 01:59:14 AM »

Oh thank you for reading it Paul! I have not written on this site for over a year. I usually handwrite in a journal but it's great to type again and access a different writing voice via this medium.  Cheesy
tbones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 08:02:03 AM »

Great Stuff!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: