Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

April 24, 2018, 08:05:31 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticket  (Read 67 times)
GLMansell

Jammin'

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2018, 06:57:25 AM »

A rip and a punch later and the man in the booth placed the travel pass in my palm, offering me passage further into my journey. The flimsy cardstock trembled in my hand, barely a fist away from becoming a crumpled mess. There was a tinge of smoke staining the ticket, probably from the man at the booth considering the acrid smell of cigarettes wafting from his shirt pocket. Closer inspection revealed the company logo emblazoned on the top right corner of the card, leaving indents into the paper itself to assure authenticity. I lift it up to the light and see streaks of reds and blues criss-cross the face in a seemingly chaotic manner, but experience treats me like no fool and I realize the real intent. I imagined my destination and contentment overtook me, yes... This card will be my respite from loneliness. Boarding the train gave me the chance to come face-to-face with my next foe, the conductor himself with a smile painted on his weathered mug. He reached out a hand and glanced at the ticket in my own impatiently.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: