Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 25, 2018, 04:35:12 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer  (Read 104 times)
AlohaAlex

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:40:44 AM »

I still remember those muggy Floridian summers, the air hung on our shoulders
like a wet blanket.  We'd set up on the carpet where the sunlight had created perfect
little squares on the turquoise green carpet.   We gathered around Dad's office like early man around fire.  Beeps and chirrups rang as the pale grey plastic computer came alive.  Screen light flashed across our young faces, stuck in amazement, as if watching a NASA shuttle shoot into deep dark space.  Our minds shot into the ether and we became symbiotically attached to this clunky robot.  We didn't know the impact this device would have over coming years.  I can still taste the excitement, my tongue still dank and dusty from licking difficult Nintendo cartridges into the player.  A slight aroma of heated plastic as the machine kicked its fans on for longer use.  Our eyes remained glued to the glass, continuous clicking of sticky little keys, they felt like buttons that steered us into a futuristic landscape.  Bursting with energy the transfer was complete, our organic minds had been taken over by the machine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: