Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 18, 2018, 10:31:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Perfume  (Read 87 times)
djevans

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »

The divine smell of orange blossoms overwhelm my senses as I drive through Scottsdale in October. Taking a late walk, I park my car and hit the sidewalks through a neighborhood in North Phoenix, inhaling the smell of sage and cactus. Hot, dry desert breezes whip around wind chimes that ring out in the darkness.  The city lights sparkle like rhinestones against black velvet.  I hear distant voices and laughter of week end partiers. Not sure how safe this area is I stay hidden, jumping behind cactus and terra cotta walls to avoid any oncoming car lights. Alone at night in a strange town can be scary. My heart races with the excitement but also the fear of the unknown. It might be dangerous for a young girl alone in a city at night.  The walk was exhilarating and mysterious as I climb back into my car and drive around looking for a bar that might be inviting. A little social company might be nice after all the aloneness. Once inside I realize it is a gay bar full of guys who have no interest at all in a lonely girl.  I feel safe as I saddle up to the bar and even engage in small talk with a nice looking hunky man.  Just my luck, how could he be gay?  Once again the smell of perfume pheromones permeates the air as men seek to appeal to each other.  I wonder why fresh and clean doesn’t do it and why one would want to smell like an applesauce cake or gingerbread. Anyway, nothing in this world will ever smell as heavenly as the orange blossoms driving down the street on a hot desert night.  Mother Nature is the best perfume chemist and nothing can compete with her creations. I finish my margarita and call it an early night as I head back to my hotel.    
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:31:55 AM by djevans » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: