Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

September 24, 2018, 07:54:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Perfume  (Read 110 times)
AlohaAlex

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2018, 05:56:23 PM »

In an ocean of people I was just a drop fighting for an inch of sunlight.  Swallowed whole by zipping metal boxes, wool covered stampedes, and a cornucopia of smells, enough to drive anyone into a dizzying spell.  You parted the sea.   You threw them all aside and built a tightrope right to me.  At first I was captured by your essence of rose petal, lavender, kiwi strawberry and then ensnared by your eyes, greener than the Irish hillsides dripping with emerald honey.  I wanted to get stuck and taste that sweet sugar rush upon my pining lips.  My heart beats, waxing like a moon phase, the smaller the space between us gets.  All the buildings disappear from the backdrop, the screaming of a city suddenly a hush, and all that makes it through is faint sounds of a street performer spilling saxophone overtures into the dewy street.  These balancing act aren't for the faint of heart.  Inches or miles, I couldn't tell how high I was, I just know if I fall and lose you, it will be the end of me.   One shaky foot in front of the other.   My chest bounces with each heaving breath, streams escape my mind before babbling out of my mouth.   Make it count.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: