Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

February 20, 2018, 06:53:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulips  (Read 40 times)
juliestewartlive

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2018, 06:47:58 PM »

A field of tulips is a sea of coloured love, a belly full of jelly babies, nostrils inked with perfume. White cabbage butterflies dance in pairs, pivoting twice as they skip to the next flower. It's so easy to feel the simple joy of living as the spring sun bounces over my fresh white winters skin, my hairs on my forearms stand up with delight. They want to dance too.

Feelings of the past merge as my mind moves back to the times of bunches of tulips given by past lovers. How quickly their shiny exteriors faded to matt, petals part like a helpless heart
Sigbjørn H

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 12:43:26 AM »

Red and yellow sea of flame rock in waves as the breezes soft hand cuddles them in the summer sun, sweet scent of pollen in the air, beez bumbling in half comatose flight from pixel to pixel in a woven tulip carpet. A lone sunflowert reara its brownfaced  blossom in the mkdst of thos immaculate sprawl. The sound of rusty bicyclechains and rubber tires on gravel, like an old gramophone with a dust record or dodgy needle, the whining of clamping breaks and the vinyl crackle coming to an abrupt stop. Only the grasshoppers and the ocational dragonfly is audible until a soft little grils voice  calls out to what seems like a pets name, you never know these days. Suddenly i notice the river, as if..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: