Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 21, 2018, 05:00:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donut  (Read 107 times)
sbw015

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2018, 10:57:25 AM »

**Disclaimer: This took me 20 minutes to write, but I wanted to see it through.

“Captain, what’s the matter?” asked the First Officer. “You seem to be in some discomfort.”
The Captain’s face flushed a light pink. “Urgh,” he cleared his throat, “Mmm. I, uh, I am fine. I am quite well, thank you.”
“Are you sure?” Pressed the First Officer.
The Captain twisted his eyebrows, looking at the First Officer sideways. “Don’t you have some navigating to do?”
“Captain,” the First Officer hesitated, “the ship’s navigational officer, Mr. Szen, handles our navigation.”
The Captain paused, “Oh, uh, yes. Quite right.”
After a few moments of silence the Captain spoke again, “Mr. First Officer, please take the helm. I will be back in a little while.”
“Yes, Captain,” the First Officer said, confused but accommodatingly.
The Captain left the bridge and walked the white halls to the infirmary for the ship’s doctor.
“Hmm, yes...I see,” said the Doctor.
“What is it, Doctor?” asked the Captain.
“Well,” started the doctor, “it appears as though you have a case of intergalactic, warp-induced hemorrhoids.”
The Captain twisted his eyebrows again.
“It’s more common than you think,” said the Doctor. “It’s really quite impressive that warp speeds don’t do more to the body.”
“What do you mean, ‘more’?”
“You know, the bursting of blood vessels, the turnings of orifices inside-out. Those sorts of things.”
“I see,” said the Captain.
The Doctor turned and handed the Captain a topical prescription and red, inflated circle.
“Apply the ointment twice daily to the affected area.”
“Alright, but what do I do with this?” Holding up the red circle.
“It’s a donut. Sit on it when you’re at the helm. It should help relieve any discomfort until the medication knocks down those nasty little buggers you’re walking around with.”
One last sideways look and the Captain returned to the bridge.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: