Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

July 24, 2019, 02:47:59 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donut  (Read 265 times)
katia1602

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2018, 01:37:12 PM »

I have been to trying to mark each morning as the start of a new diet, but something always comes in its way. This time it is a donut. Perfectly round shape sugary crispy donut with colourful sprinkles layered on top from the local bakery. With freshly painted pastel-like sugar coating running down the edges, it looks fresh out of the oven. I can smell a warm scent mixed with the light sparks of cinnamon and freshly baked bread. The air tastes of sweetness of  melted candy. Still waiting to be served, I can already taste warm jam coming out of the middle of the donut after my first bite. My body feels impatient and I am starting to shake my legs and tap my feet. I finally get served, pay for my donut, take the white envelop it is wrapped in and head over to a table next to the window. I want to enjoy my donut with a view.  My fingers can feel the warmth and softness of the donut, even through the package. I carefully take it out to see what it looks like fully holding it gently. The sparkling white sugar coating makes a crispy sound as I take my first bite. The feeling of warmth and cosiness takes over my body. The world now is a happy place. It looks friendly. It has never looked brighter! I suddenly feel safe.  Worries and monsters in my head matter no more. I am fully living in this moment.  And yes.... the diet starts tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:51:14 PM by katia1602 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: