Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

September 18, 2018, 09:40:58 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mascara  (Read 56 times)
Dgazzer

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2018, 04:24:55 PM »

Such a pretty girl, natural, long brown hair, alabaster skin. I could tell by her pursed lips and pained expression that the phone she held was whispering bad news into her ear. Her shoulders slumped, and a tear formed in the corner of her eye. Only then could I see the mascara as it left a trail down the side of her face. My heart ached for the pain this girl was feeling, my mind a whirlwind,"what was the bad news? Did she get dumped, someone die?" The sound of a muffled sob and suddenly without my knowing I was on my feet walking towards her. My brain screaming "what are you doing!!!" My heart replying "you know this is the right thing to do." I reached out and touched her arm, offering her a clean white napkin. The taste of the salad dressing I was eating came back, reminding me I was on a quick lunch break. When she spoke it was very hushed, thank you was all I heard. It was a job she had really wanted. I know the feeling, the one in your stomach when the phone rings and the excitement and anguish are all wrapped up into one, then the bad news hits like a Sammy Sosa home run and all your left with is
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: