Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

July 21, 2018, 12:11:01 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stone  (Read 72 times)
Dgazzer

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2018, 08:01:07 AM »

Swimming in the clear mountain lake. The sound of a hawk flying over head as I stand on a rock in the middle of the water. The cool clear water rocking up and down my shoulders. The sun peeking out from behind the singular cloud in the sky, like it's waiting for more people to show up before it makes it's grand entrance. All is quiet except for the sound of the water on the shore, I am not so far out I can't hear it. I pull an oversized pair of goggles on and then I dive deep, the cool water slapping me in the face. Looking around at the bottom, small minnows skirting around here and there looking for breakfast and trying not to become it all at the same time. As I get closer to the shore, something at the bottom catches my eye. I swim up to the surface breaking through into the world of breath and sound. I take a deep breath and dive again. The stone is a colour I've never seen before. Blue and green with a strip of white. It's farther down than I thought, the pressure builds in my ears, but I have it in my hand. Turning, I push of the bottom and let the air go from my lungs, bubbles bouncing off my chest as I swim to the surface. As I walk out onto the shore the smell of campfire hits me as the water splashes of onto the wet sand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: