Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 21, 2018, 04:35:06 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Ray  (Read 44 times)
GLMansell

Jammin'

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2018, 11:15:33 AM »

Waves of radiation pulsed through my body creating the ghost of an image on the screen. How technology has come so far as to view one's own innards without the need for incision. The machine itself was simple, like a really big and clunky camera but the engineering was complex. At least, a little too complex for me. A thick, padded vest slung over my shoulders protected me from the bulk of radiation, but no one is ever spared from the minute amount leaking around the crevices of the suit. I could hear the whirring and grinding of the machinery, then a click and a snap of the camera as it took the picture. It was over as quickly as it began. There was a slight dryness of mouth, whether from the machine or the nervousness I'm not too sure. Getting the results was never the fun part, it usually entailed some expensive injury. Thankfully, it was only a dental exam so I was spared from the moment and rewarded with a clear image of my skull and 31 (missing one) little blocks protruding from my jaw. The technicians removed and disposed of the plastic wrapper they put over the lip of the machine to avoid the contamination of several people combining into one cesspool of sickness.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: