Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

September 20, 2018, 09:12:44 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Direction  (Read 14 times)
Lowwraine13

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2018, 12:37:22 PM »

Desolate company, nothing but my shadow on the ground and the crunch of the leaves. The Upper Peninsula breeze blew hard, which way - I wasn't sure. The sun was hidden behind the overcast of the clouds. I was geeked. I had that anxious feeling you get just before you are about to introduce yourself to your Calculus college class. I took a look down at my left arm. My watch said 6:58pm.  I have about two hours left of sunlight. "I should start heading toward the lake" I thought. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up just thinking of the chill of the water running down my throat in the morning. Suddenly though I felt a pounding in my head, a swift pounding. It was there and then it was gone. I had to concentrate on opening my eyes. When I finally came too, it was dark. My eyes took awhile to adjust but I was still hard pressed seeing my hand waving in front of my face. "What in the f***!" I was drained and worst of all...lost. I didn't have a clue what direction the lake was in. I felt my hands......x
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: