Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

July 21, 2018, 09:29:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: donut  (Read 19 times)
peekschris

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2018, 05:22:34 AM »

He walks into the back room of the church. There is an unopened box of Krispy Kreme, chocolate covered donuts sitting in a chair. The worship band muddles around waiting for their concert to begin. Someone sets this box down on a padded chair. He muses, “oh, someone brought me donuts. What are ya’ll going to eat?” the joke is lost on anyone listening. “don’t touch those.” He is nervous and feels a little out of place. “Church doesn’t seem quite right” This is so business-like.  The fresh paint, the brand-new Mac. Someone is clicking names into a computer program that spits out little nametags. He goes to type in his name and get his little peel off sticky nametag. “I’ve already signed you in,” someone says. Ok. Whatever. This new church isn’t like the movies.  There is a daycare, a coffee shop, speakers and pop music pumping out of every corner.  Brand new carpet. Everyone is dressed to the nines in their hippest, sexiest outfits. I don’t know. Maybe the modern church isn’t so bad. Branding, branding, branding. Everywhere. He sees a new t-shirt design.  “I want that”. There are flat-screen TV’s on every wall showing the countdown to the beginning of service.  A slight nervousness and a bit of arrogance well up inside.  He’s about to hit the stage with the spotlights, and fog machines, and video screens, and backing tracks. loud thunderous rock music that sounds like U2 and Coldplay.  The modern church is surely different. He feels a bit claustrophobic at all the people and smiles and movement. He wonders if
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: