Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

September 19, 2018, 05:05:49 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detail  (Read 17 times)
AlexVidal

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2018, 10:11:24 PM »

I notice my hands start to have showing wrinkles, not deep, not long, not even very noticeable. They are tiny, intrincated paths, as if the skin were replicating alien skins from old sf movies, as if I've moved to Tatooine or some wild world in the Outer Rim. I can't barely feel them, the skin is still soft, tight over the bones and the nerves, fast as I type this words. Looks like they have grown wiser and bolder and even more beautiful! It's a closer look; I've learnt to have a closer look to everything. Today I've smelled the fragance of peaches a neighbor has bought and brought to his or her apartment minutes before I checked out from work, I've smelled them on the stairs and it was as if I understood what happened, his or her story, he or she walking down the narrow stairs to the grocery one block mountainwise. Sweet peaches from the south, peaches that make me choke actually, as I discovered when I was a child, lying on the sofa with my throat sore and nearly closed and I calmed myself watching Knight Rider on TV.
And I wonder why I have not noticed all the details this world does not really hide, why I've been so blind, so blind by walking so fast, working so fast, reading so fast, living for a calmer tomorrow that never comes before tomorrow will be today and all the details are nothing more than the sunny threads of the fabric of the world, waiting for me to dive deep into them, bringing them, showing them, tasting them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: