Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 14, 2018, 12:18:47 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detail  (Read 41 times)
daflem

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2018, 02:48:51 PM »

These things seem simple at first, and I donít even notice half the time. But the half the time I donít notice is the level of detail required to make something beautiful. Each flower, seemingly randomly placed is all part of the overall design. Long stems on the inside, reaching to the top, whereas smaller, low hanging fruit, is scattered around the outside, allowing any fox walking by to reach its fruit. This was once a family, and I can hear their brothers and sisters calling down the hallway, around the floor to ceiling bookshelves filled with poetry and prose, religion and non-fiction, and that novel I read this summer, on top of the mantel by the couch, seated on the side table by the red chair in the bedroom in the apartment by the lake. Stop and smell them, for they can tell you stories. Stories of being surrounded by other flowers, all perfectly arranged, being held to a level of detail you or I will never imagine, being sold in the market on her wedding day. Drinking my coffee, tasting bitter warm liquid on my tongue, I admire this arrangement. Elegantly placed, the rose in the corner, placed in a smooth vase, easy to move when guests are over for dinner. I thought I saw the devil that day. But it was an angel who put this out for me. I will let her continue to deal with the horned monster. At least in this circumstance. I enjoy the picture far too much to find out how the sausage is made.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: