Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

July 23, 2018, 08:27:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spy  (Read 41 times)
berkley84

View Profile WWW
Spy
« on: July 12, 2018, 02:46:10 AM »

Clean cut and cool with a blazer and tie out on a patio party drinking something violently red. The Sun is long gone tonight and the conversation is at such a calm level it is almost like listening to light jazz or a soft rock radio station. The smiles spread on every beautiful face, but he can see the lies resonating through their teeth. Pardoning himself, he sips his drink and leaves it on the rim of a table. Stars begin to gain visibility in the night sky. The crowd noise softens as he slips past the restroom and down a narrow stairway. Silence now as his feet move lighter and more skillful than a running back. Darkness, too. He must rely on the rocky walls to guide him, as they grow more damp and decaying. Suddenly a light goes on somewhere several feet below him. He pauses before smelling a roasted chicken being pulled out of an oven. Ah, he thinks, I am nearly there. He feels the weight of the gun in his pants pocket, and slowly reaches for it. Just as he feels the grip and begins to pull it out, he hears, “I think not,” from behind him. Instinctively, he turns his head. He sees a face and a blur before the butt of his saboteur’s gun nails him right between the eyes.
Lowwraine13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 05:54:31 AM »

I dig.
peekschris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 06:03:46 AM »

I second that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: