Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 20, 2018, 09:33:03 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Birthplace  (Read 18 times)
FunkySea

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »

My birthplace is gently misted over in sepia in my mind. The hospital, I drove past it one time and itís so small and quaint. The road, a huge monster of a river to cross as kid, with a strange and huge yellow brick building on the other side, now makes me look down at myself, my hands, to see if Iíve grown. This was the place where I first poked my head out. I canít really believe it and of course most people canít. Being that tiny baby with goo all over and the mess and the blood and the sweat and tears and then the unreal happiness and deep deep love. The bed is soaked and mom is smiling and dad is right there and itís like theyíre in a space capsule heading for mars theyíre so self contained in their happiness and wonder. This is the foundation they know this and they know itíll be a challenge and it was and itís somehow worth it. And it was. I feel so vapid writing this itís impossible to dive down today I feel tense all over. Come on images come ON metaphors and deeply felt impressions and imagined but still felt feelings. My vanity wants to start over do it again but Iím here itís just ten minutes. Itís morning just like the doctor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: