Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 20, 2018, 08:52:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bumper  (Read 24 times)
AlexVidal

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »

You don't know what to expect, will you bounce back gently or you are going to me torn down into pieces, blown away in a sudden, exploding hit? You see, the only car I bought had very beautiful, rounded, pure white bumpers that got scratched only two week after I first drove my car. They seem so fragile. I touched around the scars and found it was smooth around, but peaky and harsh were the paint was gone. Fisrt I went mad, why didn't they left a note for the insurance? But then I relaxed, I was overworried about my new car getting any scratch, but after that it was ok, I didn't care anymore. Someone has bumped me and took away my worries unnoticed. I was relieved, but could I trust the bumpers if I ever get into a crash? Wasn't them too soft? Well, I knew it is better that the bumpers and the whole car absorbs the impact than to be too heavy, because kinetic energy would all be transferred to the passengers. But even so, that was logic thought; my senses were shouting the other way around. Well, as if we were beings with bumpers for softening love crashes. They impact softly but they leave deeper and soarer scratches that the ones I could touch with the tips of my fingers. You can't hold those bumpers, you don't find them around you, you just have to trust that life are going to set them in the right places as to soften the impact and leave you unbruised. Don't they? I wasn't sure if those tears are precisely the life-saving mechanisms of my heart bumpers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: