Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 20, 2018, 08:52:15 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bumper  (Read 21 times)
SomeGuyWithHope

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2018, 05:29:55 AM »

When I hear the consonants that phonetically bring us to bumper I think of cars lined with rubber and a cold steel rod reaching towards the ceiling. I hear the laughs and screams of kids and parents alike. The crashes and clangs echo off of every wall and a hit song from the 80's is blaring, and totally lost on the innocent mind of the teenager in charge of the gladiatorial event. In the distance is the smell of hot dogs and funnel cakes, the sounds of cheerful riders and lights and frights and sugared up kids and mirrors and clowns and and and and.. a stomach ache coupled with the thirst for adventure and suspense. The glass is smooth as I stumble through the house of mirrors full of funny imagery of midgets and giants, fat and skinny, or whatever goodness in between. Once again the laughter of children is ever present, like a hug on the heart yet somehow still a shriek to the drum in my ear. Do you remember the taste and texture of cotton candy for the first time? It dissolves like only sugar can and tastes like it too. I think I got too sick off it one time and got onto a big, silver, light adorned "UFO" ship which spun and spun so fast that you stuck to the walls. The ride had a certain awful smell of vomit that's all too familiar to me now, but I didn't quite know what it was then. The gravity would pull on you in a way that it normally different and wood panels would shift and for a moment you got to truly experience horizontal gravity. Only then could I walk on walls for the first time, excited as hell. The fourth time around was my last and then I stumbled and bumped my way to a port-a-potty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: