Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

December 19, 2018, 03:58:58 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoax  (Read 106 times)
berkley84

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2018, 07:07:15 PM »

Headlines donít lie. You can trust your own eyes. What they say is true is true, donít even try to read between the lines.
   Everyone agrees on facts. Everyone can distinguish between fact and opinion. There are good people in charge, who will extinguish the fires set by the evil minions.
   Letís not race to expedited judgements. Donít be so sure about the winner at the 2-minute warning. It would be folly to print the pages of the paper before the clock says 0:00.
   Donít try to understand liars. Lies donít have a scent, like smoke, that alerts us to their presence. Lies donít taste foul, like mold, so usually we swallow them whole.
   Itís not about who speaks fact or fiction, itís about speed and volume. I get my news from punk rock. I get my news from the comedy shows. Entertainers have no reason to spin webs of misinformation; that line of business is for politicians and poor people. Yeah, the wretched poor must be lying as they fish for more handouts. Living on $10 an hour canít be that difficult. Itís something you grow out of, like puberty, eventually everyone becomes millionaires if they donít give up.
   UFOs are real. I have seen things in the sky that I cannot explain. Bigfoot is real. I have heard things in the woods that I cannot explain. Donald Trumpís tax returns are real. I havenít seen it, but I just have a good feeling about it. 
FunkySea

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 09:50:00 PM »

Great
EssB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 07:28:08 AM »

Excellent. Like the sarcasm at the beginning. Good analysis of the media today.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: