Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 15, 2018, 07:29:23 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Am I?  (Read 26 times)
AdamSalaah

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2018, 12:50:27 AM »

I decided to turn my first object writing exercise into a riddle for my friends. I'd love you all to take a crack at it!
It's funny how a sight so rare can become so common. Her green leaves dance, perfectly syncopated rhythms with the Los Angeles breeze. The deep blue skies more flattering a back drop than any Instagram model could reproduce. Her tall, high waste fills onlookers with envy, and her brown skin, the natives with pride.

Her breath refreshes my palette. A nice change from the city smog, yet it's hard to taste her presence without coughing on my neighbor's cigarettes.

The sound of her leaves are like paperwork, if you're tall enough to hear them. "God must be filing His taxes", the ppl say.

At night, she's no better than the rest of us. Hollywood's worst habitate with her. Bugging her into yet another one-night-stand. I keep my distance, judging from afar in case she evicts them and they find a new home with me.

Yet, she found her salvation, like the rest of us,  at Jesus' feet.
As the sun rises, she shares in His glory. She converses with His light, and I eavesdrop on their conversation. My skin is warmed by their melody.

What am I?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: