Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 17, 2018, 03:05:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Horsepower  (Read 46 times)
FunkySea

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2018, 03:14:42 PM »

I used to work at the Carlsberg breweries in Copenhagen Denmark. They had preserved the original stables and had horses and went on sort of marketing deliveries and also had kids come look at the horses. A horse power is the power a horse has...not sure of the unit. But itís a lot. It will plant itís big hoofs in the ground and pull or strain or I guess lean into the void and move you. Or if youíre on itís back itíll just sort of hover like an apparition over the ground spraying wet sand in all directions froth flying from its mouth. And its mane when you touch it is coarse and long and I think of the bog man and all those fossils they found with intact hair. Indestructible hair when the planet finally explodes thereíll be floating in space all our hair for the green aliens to wonder about. Does our hair contain our energy a sort of blueprint. James bonds car has many horsepowers and he has or had sideburns which look ironic or defiant. Whatís in that steely look those steely eyes? Roger Moore and I see my guitar in the corner and Iím reminded of cowboys Clint Eastwood Robert Johnson all this expression comes onto us on film and records the black vinyl turning and the scratches amplified and the label. I loved looking at the labels as they turned. It would be perhaps red and Iíd follow it around try to read it upside down as if it held magic powers and the border between the vinyl and the label and the little hole where the thing would stick out and the rubber of the plate. Putting the disc on the platter is it direct or belt that was always the discussion and the speed calibration
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: