Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

September 24, 2018, 05:40:19 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ashes  (Read 39 times)
AlexVidal

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2018, 09:21:56 PM »

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky, the funny percussions still rings in my ears. Not that I had such talent nor I've played with drugs like David Bowie, but I still remember the first time I saw the lysergic videoclip on the TV. I was barely a teenager with a crush for new wave, techno bands, but I instantly felt the grandeur, the wit of the song. That strange beat like walking up and down the dunes, rhythmically unrhythmy, a stingy guitar like drops or tears hitting the window glass. Was he talking about burial? Funny how he could take such a ominous concept as ashes and turn it into the bright side of life. Light, ashes that glow while it whirrs in the air, living ashes. I never liked ashes, it remember me the stinky smell of cigarettes, a smell I can't stand, that pushes me over the edge, strangles me to death and ashes but I can't sing. Life without singing, no music life is no life but a living hell, mouth shut down, breathing ashes, tasting spilled milk and mould. Then I remember I can write a song and ashes turn again into little sparkly dancing fireflies, bemused by the words as they draw themselves onto the white wide paper sheet.
FunkySea

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 12:50:57 AM »

That was a nice one
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: