Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

August 22, 2019, 03:02:03 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Balloon  (Read 252 times)
RockinRick

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2018, 07:24:00 PM »

The thick wicker basket on it's side was waiting for the propane burner to fill the lungs of the big colored beast and finally make it upright to let us climb in..

We rise and brush up against a willow gazing in the sun... the basket tips a bit and my honey screams as our flight captain lets out a hysterical laugh.

Finally rising higher to clear anything that could crash us to our death, we look down in awe and amazement at the beautiful ponds and forest below.

I was zooming in and taking pictures with my telephoto lens when I noticed an old rusted out Ford van parked in a clearing.

A man was pulling a wrapped up sheet out of the back.....

Suddenly an arm falls out with blood trickling down toward a Pandora bracelet still attached to the limp extremity.

My heart was pounding like a mouse on speed while I was trying to snap pictures of his licence plate.

He must have heard my camera and he angrily looked up and saw me!

He ran to the front seat and pulled out a shotgun and pointed it up at us!

Duck! I screamed, as his first shot blew the rope apart on my side of the basket... Boom! another ripped through the balloon!

Boom Boom!!!!  We see splirting blood shoot out the side of our captains head as he falls over the side and onto the ground...

Oh damn...  he was holding the radio to communicate to the ground crew. And like an idiot, I talked my fiance into leaving both our phones in the car so we could enjoy the peaceful serenity of this beautiful flight.

The balloon was going down no matter how many times I pulled the propane feed chain to give it more heat...

Losing altitude.... going to crash..  and possibly get murdered by some maniac....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:47:04 PM by RockinRick » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: