Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

March 24, 2019, 03:13:17 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tennessee  (Read 152 times)
RfK

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2018, 06:40:51 PM »

The only thing I know about Tennessee is that it's home to "Good Ole Rocky Top", of Osborne brother fame. Doesn't matter, i had to go, the song made it sound nice. I said my goodbyes, checked in with the neighbor one more time to remind her to feed my cat. Not an easy feat, old Mrs. Jones is 85, hard of hearing, forgetful and sometimes smells bad but I doubt the cat will mind as long as it has food.  Hopefully the cats alive when I get back. I grabbed my battered black suitcase off my front step and proceeded down my cracked and worn walkway to my car.  My car's a thing of beauty, well, at least to me it is. 1969 red and white Camaro with white leather seats that still smell like boot leather, never get tired of that smell, I hope Tennessee smells like that. I hefted my bag into the trunk, slammed the lid shut, shuffled around the back, opened the drivers door and let myself sink into a white seat of luxury; kinda like sinking into a frothy white warm foam bath on a cold day, only with the smell of leather instead of lavender, both equally sensual to me. I put my key in the ignition, listened to the roar of the engine firing, like a jet holding back all it's power until it's given permission to go, hey, it's my fantasy. I take one last look around, adjust my seat, shift into gear and head out to good ole rocky top...down in Tennessee.

RfK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: