Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 18, 2018, 03:08:13 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire  (Read 37 times)
leowriter

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2018, 04:09:30 PM »

I light the gas burner with a tinderbox, the fire comes out like a crown of blue, luminous thorns ... the iron pot sits on the stove, the orange fire embraces its edges, sounds like a threat ... like trunks crackling from inside the chimney, sparks flying across the room like killer fireflies, leaving black spots when they alight on the wood ... that afternoon on the mountain we had wine in glasses and sang around the fireplace, as if it were the only moment that mattered ... detached from the city and the noise, pedestrians jumping over cars, their waste thrown into the street ... buses spitting smoke like small terror factories, suffocating people in their path ... people covering their faces as best as they can, with their sweaters ... I avoid the hole in the street where the metal bars stand rusty and I wonder - when is enough? when will this stop? - everything becomes a tornado of negative energy, a black hole that devours my spirit and leaves me like a zombie, pale skin, sleepy eyes, coming to the house to fall in bed with clothes, zapping television channels, watching programs without sense but that in that moment they take on all the sense of the world, people laughing ... Jimmy Fallon saying stupid things and the band playing, all with smiles on their faces, their hair disheveled ... just there I can hear the cicadas behind my window , there I think ...
AvailableBeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:13:12 PM »

the fire comes out like a crown of blue, luminous thorns
Gosh I like that!
leowriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 03:39:36 PM »

Thanks AvailableBeat!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: