Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

October 18, 2018, 03:17:27 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire  (Read 13 times)
Higgs88

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2018, 06:43:43 AM »

I stand around the fire, flames licking away the cold wounds of the night. My eyes burn with smoke, nose runny and breathe labored. Sticks snap and spark, turning to embers, then ash, then diluting into nothing. I once poured gasoline on a fire with my face too close. I smelt my eyebrows burning before I felt them-like melted plastic & charred fur. Summer nights that seem to go on forever, fireflies making circles and shapes, greasy sweat from barbecued chicken. I throw in my paper plate and watch the slow eating by the flickering heat. Like art. Like life, how time slowly eats us away until our bodies and minds are no longer able to remain in the living. Maybe I'll become ash one day. Thoughts float around like little kumbayas the sauna of it makes my skin feel sunburned I step away, senses jolt as I pour ice water on my head, no bucket challenge, just a kick to the brain. The night sky seems to envelope the stars, to push and pull them in glamorous clusters. Dry hands I clap them together, skin--- 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: