Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 15, 2018, 12:02:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LA  (Read 46 times)
Bumbletoes

View Profile
LA
« on: November 05, 2018, 12:16:42 PM »

The hammering wouldn't stop, it was cutting through the tissue paper walls of my apartment. Footsteps walking up a staircase just on the other side of the wall thundering through my skull. I pulled my compacted but still soft pillow over my head in a feeble attempt to drown out the distractions crowding through the airwaves. "Why do they have to start so damn early?" I thought to myself. I throw myself onto my back and stare up at the wall where my wind chimes hung. They read "Follow your dreams". That phrase would always fill me with so much hope for the future. A natural dreamer I was. My eyes would glaze over while I stared straight through the everything around me, losing myself in a haze of what could be. What could be if I only were able to work hard enough. Inspiration always comes to late in the evening after everyone has fallen asleep. The tinkerer in me would be whirring away in my mind, the drill sergeant demanding I practice one more hour. One more hour into the night, then this hellish morning is there to greet me. The workers across the street toiling away at their day with no mind for the guy in the apartment on the corner. The artistic masochist struggling to find a way to improve.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: