Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 15, 2018, 12:16:34 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LA  (Read 44 times)
daflem

View Profile
LA
« on: November 05, 2018, 03:09:51 PM »

The plane touches down and I am rudely awakened by the bumps. I can already feel the smog start to fill my lungs. I shuttle back and forth between here and Seattle, and now I remember why I decided to to make my residence permanent in Seattle. Stumble off the plane, I find the first coffee shop, smog still filling my breath, but at least itís caffeinated. Headphones on, drown out the sound of the sirens or the person on the corner uttering nonsense after spending too much time under the bridge. I walk. No one walks in LA. Bikers driving along, cars parked in the parking lot that is 405, and a busker on the side of the street, singing her soul out to the world, infiltrating my eardrums through noise cancelling technology. I started there, scrapping together every penny to make a living, strumming the guitar strings until my fingers would bleed. I walk to the studio. Iím in a different spot now. Computer screens, soundboards, a producer that makes my music sound better. Through it all, it feels different, but I wonder, am I just another musician on the street trying to get my shot? Iím not too different.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: