Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 15, 2018, 12:02:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LA  (Read 33 times)
FunkySea

View Profile
LA
« on: November 06, 2018, 06:37:54 AM »

Im standing at the bus stop waiting to get on. A multitude of sounds. A family of seven with rattling suitcases and I see the web of cellophane wrap and the children some seeming eager and excited and some subdued. The parents nervous but trying to hide it casting glances back and forth in silent morse code. Reassuring questioning reaffirming. The smell of diesel like the scent of a strange and foreign flower. The door opens with a guffaw hesitatingly and I put my foot on the wet bottom step of the steep ladder. Itís got a striated rubber mat. I mount, my guitar unwieldy like a large pet. Silent and intensely present. I reach the summit of the steps and the floor stretches before me dark grey with a long collection of black streaks like ore in granite. Like a rich metal could be mined from the linoleum. Most seats are taken and I cast searching glances my eyes trying to find an opening nobody pays any attention to me except a woman who smiles knowingly and she makes room for me. She wears a strong perfume and seems out of place here. She emits a powerful calming presence like a saint. Unmoving conviction a complete certainty. Sheís clad in black and I see the sun setting through the greasy window. The engineís uneven rattle like a giant cobraís last minutes on earth. I smile gratefully at my benefactor and with the large guitar case between my legs I sit down. She looks at me smilingly and asks where Iím going as if she knows the answer and knows that I know. She expects me to move beyond the where and tell her what I expect to find there. In LA. I tell her Iíve written some songs and want to write more. That it just started pouring out me me and that LA seems the place to take it to and find more peopl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: