Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 15, 2018, 12:01:03 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 34 times)
FunkySea

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2018, 04:53:30 AM »

The steam rises from the cup and wafts into my head. Itís like it erases doubt and tiredness. It makes me think of resolve like that feeling you get at the top of a roller coaster. Okay here we go. Itíll be all right. A mushroom is pushing out of the ground and itís like you can watch it grow itís so fast. Itís a tiny bald spot in the sand in the evening and the next day itís already poking its head out. I like to think about this unbeatable life force a force that coffee releases in me. I stand at the top of the diving tower itís a long way down and the water is calm. Iím alone save for the lifeguard and after looking intensely at the water for a long time my heart beating my breath shallow I take the leap. I turn too much in the air and hit the water with a loud splash. I plunge into the foamy depth and I lose my sense of direction and lie there completely still for a spell then I slowly make my way to the surface like a beaten egg. When I breach the surface I see the lifeguard watching me. She was afraid too. The water stings my nose and I feel as if it comes all the way into my head like the chlorine fumes penetrate every little blood vessel. The first time I cut myself. Watching in amazement as the skin breaches and all sound seems to vanish as a large drop of viscous fluid emerges and then it starts to run. A raging river is incredibly loud itís like a continuous roar of thunder and the mist seems to stand around it for a long distance I feel the mist enter every orifice on my face and it looks like a planned and constructed fountain of the romantic kind. As a kid I loved to visit the Gefion fountain huge chariots and sea snakes seemed to come out of the ground. My parents knew I loved it and took me often. Especially in the late afternoon as the sun was setting I could stand and watch it for a long time the sound was deafening to my childrenís ears and the chariots with Nordic gods in them seemed so powerful and really got my imagination going there were swords and perhaps some women
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: