Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

December 15, 2018, 06:37:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cable  (Read 32 times)
FunkySea

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2018, 04:06:07 AM »

The bridge is old and as I look ahead along the wooden planks and walk slowly I notice how dead and immediate my footfall sounds how intimate as if Iím a secret admirer plotting my approach in a deserted street. But stand still and you hear dozens like mine itís a secret society of footsteps and voices not subdued but still muffled to almost stillness and the fog disembodied them from their carriers sets them loose to find ears in any direction and for their origin to be hidden then immediately lost. The wood looks dry and in between the planks are lengths of steel or some such and the massive cables that hold the bridge disappear just a few dozen feet in the air. The air and water molecules inexplicably thicken and the sensation of moisture in the air I stick my tail up in the air sitting in a tiny mound of sand and after several hours the vaguely humid winds bring enough moisture that a drop of condensation forms on its tip. The drop ambles down my back and into my mouth and I am on my way to find a scrap of something edible, completing my dinner. The barren windswept hills are my world and Iím not afraid because I know treasures are hidden below every grain of sand and the tablecloth is white as the purest silk and she sits across from me she doesnít care if the gift of jewelry was cheap sheís happy to wear it just because I gave it to her and she looks beautiful and I am so proud and happy and we emit the newly in love glow and everybody is friendly and accommodating to us and itís a small town but we find everything charming and new and hope this will last forever this feeling of devil may care this is the best road trip and the evening is young and the place slowly drains the locals go home early only the outoftowners stay behind
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: