Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 18, 2019, 09:08:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote  (Read 364 times)
FunkySea

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2019, 05:15:49 PM »

The tiny object weighs almost nothing as I hold it in my hand. The plastic feels flimsy and powerful and my mouth starts to actually water as I anticipate the blast of color and sound from the screen. The screen is covered with dust and static electricity has arranged it in patterns. The screenís dark black shine is replaced by the Netflix logo and I adjust my rear in the seat. Iím hovering in space my face and all senses turned toward the barrage of color. The cushion sags springingly under my butt and I bounce up and down a few times and now the color of electric blue skies and phosphorescent green moss on a cliff towering 100 feet off the water lapped sand invades my mind. The textures on the screen are so close to real but to be there. To smell it and feel the temperature of the air and the sea breeze. That salt in the air. In winter it snows here and the cliffs are covered with a beautiful white pillow and rug. The water turns grey and the beach is white. Itís a raw and unforgettable sight. Undisturbed and yet. A power plant or a harbor are beautiful also. Itís a metamorphosing wilderness. But my senses seem to come alive watching the non-human and the non perfect. So surprising. A cup thatís always full. I look at one detail and it sucks me in further. Okay so does a power plant. The pipes and myriad dials chrome and rust in some places and the foreignness of it all. The hum of mysterious origin. The lady sits across from me and as she speaks I can hear the whole culture the pride and stoutness and love. The scarves
leowriter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 02:53:20 PM »

Very illuminating the fact that you start and develop from another sense different than sight!
L
FunkySea

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 03:49:03 PM »

Thanks for your comment. Yes I guess itís less obvious but true that we often start with sight. Thanks for reading Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: