Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 20, 2019, 03:16:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote  (Read 128 times)
leowriter

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »

a thick layer of dirt and grease makes my hand stick to the remote control, smells of curry at Hassad's house ... the brown carpet of yarn is worn in places, leaving the traces and paths of life, where everything happens at home ... I imagine his family and his mother scolding people when entering through the door, that same shock like when she ordered me to take off my shoes at the white metal door in the entrance, to stay walking on stockings in that strange house, from the first time I visited them, not knowing where to move next ... chandelier lamp hanging on the ceiling, the bulbs slightly bent, some missing, a few lit ... the two cats on the top of the beige sofa, lulled by the torrent of bubbles that comes from the fish tank ... that warm light inviting me to stay ... warm, like when you are under the sun and you know that it is weakening you, but you feel a blanket of heat over the whole body, how it melts the pins of moisture that have penetrated the skin of the arms and back all day long, it's like a defrost in a freezer, irregular layers of ice falling into the void, breaking into several pieces and immediately turning to water on the tiles...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: