Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

January 20, 2019, 01:16:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flag  (Read 71 times)
Lowwraine13

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2019, 09:03:00 PM »

"Give her my best" I said. He just nodded and turned back to the black SUV he had gotten out of a little bit ago. I noticed a tear was running down his cheek as he turned away. I wanted to run at him, spin him around, and hug him but I didn't. I stood there. I looked down at my black shoes wet from the cemetery dew. The sun hit my shoes, it must of reflected off the window of the car that was pulling away, it made me look up. For the first time in a long time I noticed how red the red stripes were in the flag. The flag waving on in front of the mausoleum. I thought about my uncle and the torment he had gone through ever since he returned from Vietnam. It was terrible to see him be put in the ground but there was a calmness on the minds of us all as we watched him peacefully be put to rest. That was the first time I saw my dad cry as he left to go visit Mom.
leowriter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 03:37:44 PM »

Not sure if the story-narrative helps the sensory language but I like how the images are portrayed mainly on people, rather than objects or places...
Great imagination
L
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: