Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

March 24, 2019, 09:45:03 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dream catcher  (Read 237 times)
John M

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:07:10 PM »

it hung up on the wall just above my bed, silent and still, observing the room, i remember waking up from fierce dreams in sweats and looking up to it for comfort, a handmade gift from granny, her aged fingers knitted and weaved the in-and-outs of that dreamcatcher of mine, she was always a little superstitious, always in search of the the deeper meaning of dreams and nightmares, shadows that didn't belong to anything or anyone, ghosts in the closet and under the bed, her stories would always send a shiver down by spine, and always received a standing ovation from the hairs on the back of my neck, chilling stuff, not stories for the young impressionable mind, however, she aimed to protect her children and her children's children, she made sure each one had a dreamcatcher of their own, something to protect us when our eyes would close for the night, our heads resting upon soft cotton pillows, and blankets stacked upon us for days to keep us warm, some nights i'd pretend to snooze, and pier through the tiny slits of my eyelids and watch her looking over me in the doorway, and when she was certain i was out like a light, she'd close the door, but not fully, she'd always keep it cracked open and let a little bit of the hallway light in, if my mind were to ever wander into darkness...
Lowwraine13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:28:20 AM »

Well done dude!
John M

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:57 AM »

thanks low!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: