Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 20, 2019, 03:18:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lamp shade  (Read 177 times)
FunkySea

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2019, 03:57:59 PM »

The orange lamp remains in my vision even when I close my eyes. Something about orange. And the large white dot. But really the orange. Itís an ocean inside me that expands the azure sky over the eerie and warm glowing ocean. Itís a perpetual sunset. Four skinny legs. Like an animal Bambi struggling through the first steps. The stiff whirry ears the fur that looks really soft but thatís not when you touch it except if it lays down really flat and the surface is shimmering with the mysterious patterns and as I stand there in the snow the deer next to me my hand resting on its back our breaths look so similar in the frosty air and branches heavy with snow are everywhere even the thinnest leafless branches have snow on them as if a book of impossible shape with many leaves was deposited on a stick or as if the branch is the cover. The weight of the snow makes the branch groan silently the fibers straining the structural integrity of the little twig is walking a thin line and an owl looks on silently. The huge eyes staring in complete stillness so still I can hear the vision cells processing everything and now the deer is gone and has left hoof prints in the snow. Suppressed disturbances in the powdery cover. Itís action and interaction or passive layering forever. My own eyes begin to water from the cold. The air is dry no moisture can exist at this temperature and my red scarf feels penetrated by the cold but I donít care. Itís a winter adventure. Iíve already seen an owl what will be next a snow leopard?  A wolf slowly approaches and I can smell the uncompromising hunter from feet away. He
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: