Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

June 20, 2019, 03:16:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wind  (Read 190 times)
John M

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2019, 10:01:58 PM »

my legs are burning, a few more steps to the top, there are no trees at this altitude, just rock, i suppose thats why they call this bald mountain, my sunglasses keep slipping down my nose, accelerated by sweat, its annoying to fix, its beginning to knot up the muscles behind my ears, i pull them off and slide them into my flannel jacket pocket as the sun smacks me in the face, i turn my head away in retreat while squinting to protect my flexing pupils, they ache like one too many orgasms, my vision turns to white, and colors begin to fade into view as if the morning fog was dissipating, the view is incredible, standing at the very top of this rock, i can see all around me, a panoramic of all of western maine, I'm both in awe and filled with an incredible joy that i actually made it here, to the top, in one piece, the breeze feels so refreshing against my hot skin, i hear the rustling through the pines just below me grow louder, a heavy wind wraps me up in a cyclone and rips the air from my lungs as I try to breath in, i control the inhale with my mind and take it in slowly, closing my eyes and imagining that i'm flying, tossing me around much like a feather in a gust...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: