Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

April 19, 2019, 12:40:16 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marker  (Read 95 times)
leowriter

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2019, 02:30:05 PM »

I uncork it and it smells like gasoline, I'm tempted to stay there, smelling, like children who are careless walking around the square, mocking people, with a swing in their walk as if they owned the street, usually go barefoot ... they come in groups of 4 or 5 children to the car window, hit the glass and ask for money making signs with their hand, people look at them from the corner of their eyes, they rarely smile ... if you take out a piece of food, they run to you like piranhas , a furious swarm that breaks loose in seconds ... friends of smog and soot, know how it is to be ignored and rejected, as if they had been born by mistake, the skin is becoming immune to contempt ... but at night they go and play, like any boy, with sticks and stones, they take off their mask, their armor ... “cheap diversion“ they usually told me when I was playing with a stick doing drawings on the ground, I was supposed to play soccer but I preferred to see, clouds of dust were going from one side to the other on the court ... "the peladero" they called to that place in the school, ... and there I had my eyes lost in the ground, squatting, I knew I could draw infinitely, I made one and erase it, made another and erase it, and so I could spend hours ... that's why I think so much rudeness in street children, has its facade, its mask, not to be devoured by the rapist, the exploiter ... like that afternoon I was approached by that man in blue chemise, the same color that I wore when I was in school, 12 years old, "come and i’ll take you home" ... the man asked me about Royal Street, when anyone over there knows where Royal Street is. Hidden intentions, the demon prowling, creeping, secreting desires for himself no matter the consequences ... dirty from so much crawling
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: