Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

April 19, 2019, 12:44:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sailboat  (Read 131 times)
Lowwraine13

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2019, 05:09:14 AM »

The storm was taking a toll. My mind was going from one thought to the next and the waves were hitting hard against the inside of my head. Bulging and pushing trying to find any crevasse for the chaos to escape. The thing was, we weren't really moving. My girlfriend and I had just entered the party, I felt stares from the corner of the room nailing our first three steps we took together. I went and grabbed her hand. I felt a rush of cool water wash over me in my mind. I never understood how she could handle such encounters with ease. So many thoughts and awkward conversation can and will arise at any moment. I feel her hand slip from mine as she glanced at me taking her straight brunette hair and her champagne dress over to talk to a girlfriend. She looks beautiful I say to myself, the sailboats in my mind can't find any stable thought to tie themselves up to other than that one. I'm a mess. My face begins to turn red. I'm left alone. I can't handle these functions and their crowds. All of a sudden, a pat on the shoulder of my dark grey sport jacket. I take a breath and begin to panic. 
FunkySea

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 03:58:45 PM »

Really funny. Great work!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: