Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

April 19, 2019, 12:41:01 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 177 times)
martindellanina

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2019, 11:52:08 AM »

I'm having a coffee right now.
    I wake up, in a slowly manner, like the weight of the world is over my shoulders. My arm moves by itself like a tired fish out of water, looking for my cellphone. It's 8:10am, I hate waking up at non-exact hours, 8:00 would have been a symmetric erotic concatenation of numbers, but then again: Wabi-Sabi.
    After I take a shower, my tongue starts preparing itself for maybe the strongest of all drugs, coffee. I remotely move my still-trying-to-wake-up body through the stairs, grab a capsule and put it in the nespresso. "Press the magic button", "Press the magic button"... I press the magic button and suddenly the sound of working mechanics fill the space like a symphony of addiction while the smell of coffee penetrates my nose hairs and my body starts dancing to this symphony, this smell is a foreshadow of what will happen seconds to come. Suddenly, "the silence", that moment when the coffee is ready. I grab my porcelain cup filled with my precious liquid, it's hot, and pour it into my mouth. Aahhh, orgasm. Happiness. I feel complete. This is no covfefe, Damn good coffee!
mattvs86

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 06:47:32 PM »

Thought I would just add mine onto yours!

The aroma hits me in the face, the very smell gives me a jolt as my body anticipates what's coming.     A morning ritual performed daily that I never tire of.  As I take the first sip, the searing hot coffee hits my tongue, but a careful sip keeps the pain to a minimum.  Tastes of cocoa and roasted beans spreads through my mouth.  An intense flavor every adult craves and yet would make most children cringe.   After the first few sips, not just my vision sharpens, but my outlook of the day.   The coffee gives me not just caffeine, but clarity.  In a instant I'm yanked away from a dream world and back to reality.  For how long I cannot say, but that's when I'll be ready with a second cup.  
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:10:20 PM by mattvs86 » Logged
mattvs86

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 06:49:02 PM »

the sound of working mechanics fill the space like a symphony of addiction

Really liked this line. 
martindellanina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 01:34:52 PM »

Thanks! I loved this line of yours!
An intense flavor every adult craves and yet would make most children cringe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: