Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

July 24, 2019, 08:54:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baseball Hat  (Read 143 times)
martindellanina

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2019, 12:08:10 PM »

It's hot, the melting cheese dripping down my fingers from the Nachos you just grabbed, it's hot. The cracking sound of the chips on your mouth, the taste of this mexican delicity of the underworld, a concatenation of perfection down your throat. I don't know if I believe in true love, but nachos with cheddar cheese are surely meant for each other.
 And then, the outside lover that fits just perfectly into this relationship like a flying angel, yes, beer. It's cold, you feel the plastic glass on your hand, it's cold. Beer enters your mouth like a closing sea after those nachos run through your throat like a Moises' division of the red sea. Something in my stomach, or mind, or heart tells me, I need another nacho and so begins the sequel to that first perfect Nacho. I'm enjoying this moment. Some people are talking, others move, some people seem to be having what I'm having. Some people chose hot dogs, they must surely be from another team.
   Not much is happening down the field, baseball bats, gloves and a ball. It's an incredible boring game, it's slow, people just stand there, some screaming, surely my Nachos with dripping cheese are a showing a much better entertainment than those players.
   Suddenly, I hear a wooden hit, people start screaming, I see a ball coming at full speed towards where we are sitting, the ball is heading directly at me, I want it, it all happens in  a matrix-style slow motion, I stand up, Nachos with their dripping cheese and beer flying through the air, getting to know each other in the sky, I jump, the ball seems to be passing right above me, so I grab my baseball hat, extend my arm as high as I can, and sure enough, there it is. A baseball in my baseball hat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: