Object Writing, Prose & Poetry Forum

November 14, 2019, 02:06:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
This week's words;

Sunday - Instructions

Monday- Motorcycle

Tuesday- Wildflower

Wednesday- Asparagus

Thursday- Stopwatch

Friday - Confetti

Saturday-Homesick

Word of the Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disc  (Read 243 times)
Eloisenm

Singer and songwriter

View Profile WWW
« on: April 06, 2019, 10:31:06 PM »

Temperamental technology ruled childhood. Music was delivered on cassettes who's fragile tape could unspool, tangling, destroying your chance to listen to Betty Davis Eyes on repeat. If you were lucky you were given tools to rewind, others did it with fingernails jammed like philips-heads into the toggle to return the cassette to the start. Technology grew, fighting the storms of people against change. The CD was a revolution, more storage, more robust, more. Quietly whirring inside the computer tower disc drive, read by lasers of light, it gave us grams, music and software. But it too was temperamental. Portable CD drives, slimmer than cassette players and so trendy, travelling on hips, hands and laps releasing one CD at a time. The players weren't perfect, any bump or jiggle would send the CD int o a frenzy, tussling in its enclosure earning scratches on the delicate reel of data imprinted on its belly resounding in a recognisable skip, an unwelcome remix of your favourite tracks. The best solution was Nero...
leowriter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 03:56:10 PM »

I love "others did it with fingernails jammed like philips-heads into the toggle"...
Still find the whole exercise a lot of internal description, like thoughts and opinions... are you writing your 6 senses close to your exercise before doing it? That way you can be more aware of letting your senses drive the car.!!

Cheers
L
Eloisenm

Singer and songwriter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 11:20:29 PM »

Thanks Leowriter. I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Is my object writing focusing on only internal thought? I'm not sure I know how to get out of that. If you have the time, I would really appreciate some examples of a different way to do it so I can see the box I keep putting my writing in and improve on it.

I really appreciate your comments! Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: